Sunday, December 21, 2014

Hey there - I am alive and kicking!

I've undergone my surgery. The tumour was removed successfully. However, I have residues left.  The diagnosis turned out to be a high grade tumour, due to which I have to undergo Radiotherapy + Chemotherapy. I have speaking difficulties - Since I know many languages, (I am a jack of all languages, master of none :-) ) I speak in a mixture of all languages. I have word - finding difficulties. I go blank when I think of a word I need to speak. All that said and done, I am fine. 

I underwent my first chemo + radio session for last 5 days. As long as tiring is concerned, I am tired. Can't go to office anymore. Need to sleep a lot. 12+ hours a day. But I've brought about a routine in life that was missing. I do www.lumosity.com in the mornings. Some yoga when I find time :-). I nap in the noons. Then the dose of medicines starts. And, off to the hospital. Then, evening walks. And, off-to-bed by 9 - 10. 

This is what was missing from life, and I am grateful to almighty that this has proven to be a blessing in disguise. I tend to plan ahead of time. And, this is great! My husband comes for walks with me. He takes me to the Radiotherapy sessions. I am so so so greatful to have found someone like him :-)

Amma is there with me continuously. And, I cannot thank her enough. Dad shuttles between brother's house and here. Friends came over to see me. Family was there throughout. I've got nothing to complain about :-) 

But be cheery and merry!
And, Hey!  Merry Christmas to one and all! There ends my first post after the surgery. More to follow.

No comments: