Sunday, May 10, 2015

It's Mother's Day... Hurray

So, finally came - The Mother's Day.  Though I have seen a lot of mother's day and ignored them, I know deep in my heart that mothers are one the most beautiful thing that can happen to anyone. And I take this opportunity to tell my mom how much I love her, even though I am not very expressive, I want to tell her that she means a lot to me. Without her, I am all void.

I remember the time when she left us and went to Indonesia, I really missed her. I used to cry in the closet. Mother, I really missed you during those days. However, you have more than made up for it. You left dad and came to live with us. Even though dad would have found it hard to live without you, you sacrificed yourselves to stay with us. I cannot imagine living with a meagre income of 8000, but you made it possible. Even now, I wonder why you like travelling by bus, when you have an option of taking a taxi. I wonder how you prefer walking long distances, in search of vegetables and pulses that are cheapest. From where do you get the energy for doing it? You jump to make our favourite dishes when we demand on the fly. Although it's wrong on our part to be demanding, but still you make them without any complaints. I know you have sacrificed a lot for my health, but you need to take care of yourself now. It's high time you do.

I've made fun of you for talking in a Malayalee accent. But you were determined to talk in English. I really admire the confidence you have. I have made fun of you for not knowing how to use a computer, repeatedly. You stood strong like a rock even then. I make fun of your general knowledge. Even then you took it lightly. I have shouted loudly at you. But you never retorted. I know I have done things like this multiple times, but everytime you forgave me.

This article is to tell you that I love you a lot! Though my love for you will continue being unexpressive, I will always admire you. I have a lot to learn from you which I will, when I become a mother too. Words cannot do justice to my love for you.

With this, I put a full-stop. I end with -

HAPPY MOTHER's DAY!

No comments: